If the ceilings on your home have mold, then it is not easy to remove, and if the mold continues to stay there, it could become dangerous to your health and even harder to clean. If you do not do anything with the mold or hire mold remediation on Long Island company to do it for you, then it could permanently damage your ceilings, and thus your home.



What’s more, is that molds have serious health implications- it can cause allergic reactions such as sneezing, watery eyes, and sniffling. Some people may experience severe reactions and end up suffering asthma or breathing attacks.


Check out the following simple steps on how to remove mold and ensure a healthy ceiling:

Examining Your Ceiling

Normally mold remediation on Long Island experts start with assessing the ceiling to check for any black or green spots. The spots come in different sizes; they could either be tiny specks or huge clusters. They usually appear in one wet area or they could invade the entire ceiling. When you see the spots, it means there is a lot of mold spores around, meaning you should call a Mold remediation on Long Island specialist to destroy them or do it yourself.


Create the Mold Remover

With your rubber gloves on, pour 1 gallon of hot water in a bucket and add 1/3 cup of laundry detergent, and a 1/2 cup of bleach. Mix the ingredients using a disposable stick, and make sure the solution does not spill outside of the bucket. The bleach will eliminate the mold, but if not careful, it could damage any materials that are nearby.


Getting Rid of the Mold

Open the windows to make sure the fumes are not intense. Put the ladder in the exact area you want to clean. Put the scrubbing sponge in the bleaching agent. Climb the ladder and start to gently scrub the area. Ensure that you rinse the sponge into the cleaning solution while working.


Do not overdo the scrubbing because the excess solution could drip, which could damage your cloth or unprotected skin. Check the ceiling again to make sure there are no spots. Repeat the procedure until the entire mold has been removed.


Rinsing the Ceiling

Squeeze the sponge to remove the solution and pour the solution into the sink. Rinse the sponge and bucket with clean water. Pour fresh cold water and put the sponge in it. Now, rinse the ceiling area with this water and use a clean, dry towel to pat the ceiling. If you have a fan, turn it on, otherwise, leave the window open for 30 minutes to allow for air circulation.


Proper cleaning and care of your ceiling are beneficial in the long run. You will be able to create a safe environment for you and your family. Furthermore, this kind of maintenance will reduce costly resurfacing jobs and preserve your ceiling’s integrity.


Lastly, while you can remove cleaning on your own, it is always advisable to hire mold remediation on Long Island specialists to help you out, because these experts are not only experienced but also skilled at the job.